37,467 Candidates Get Offers At IPTA For 2014/2015 Academic Session
A total of 37,467 candidates obtained places to pursue studies at public institutions of higher learning (IPTA) for the 2014/2015 academic session.
Education Ministry Director-General (Higher Education Department) Datuk Prof Dr Asma Ismail said the candidates were among the 67,388 eligible candidates out of 74,071 who applied.
The successful candidates comprised 21,800 people (58.2 per cent) from the Science stream and the remaining 15,667 candidates (41.8 per cent) are from the Arts stream, she said in a statement in Kuala Lumpur, Monday.
She said the offer letters would be issued beginning this Wednesday.
Asma said all the 3,062 candidates with Cumulative Grade Point Average (PNGK)of 4.00 were offered places at IPTA for the 2014/2015 academic session.
Places were also offered to 124 national and international athletes, people with disabilities (56 candidates) and Orang Asli (31 candidates), she added.
Candidates can check the results of their applications to IPTA for the 2014/2015 academic session from noon tomorrow at http://upu.mohe.gov.my, http://www.jpt.utm.my, http://jpt.uum.edu.my, https://jpt.unimas.my, http://jpt.ums.edu.my or they can also call the hotline number at 03-8870 6767, Helpline 03-8870 6777, general line 03-8870 6755/6766 or by sending a short messaging service by typing UPU RESULT (IC number) and SMS to 15888.
The successful candidates are required to confirm their acceptance of the offer within 10 days or on or before Aug 23.
Asma said they could also check the status of their application at the Student Intake Management Division, Higher Education Department at the Ministry of Higher Education at Level 4, No.2, Menara 2, Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5, Putrajaya, which would be opened from Tuesday until Aug 22.
She said the unsuccessful candidates could appeal within 10 days and the e-Rayuan application would be available at upu.moe.gov.my at noon also from Tuesday until Aug 22.
The registration of new students would be on Sept 1 and 2.