BB1M Book Voucher Guidelines
[stextbox id="custom"]Update: BB1M Voucher Validity has been Extended to 30 April 2012[/stextbox]
The purpose of these guidelines is to explain the RM200 voucher printing, receiving and payment processes, as officiated by the Prime Minister of Malaysia and Ministry of Finance during the Budget 2012 presentation on 7th October, 2011 at parliament. The government proposed to allocate as much as RM260 million to execute and distribute the RM200 book voucher initiative. This initiative is expected to benefit 1.3 million students.
This initiative is expected to reduce the burden of academic book costs. Other than that, the initiative is also expected to encourage a love for reading amongst Malaysians.
C. Eligibility Criteria
Students eligible to receive the Baucar Buku 1Malaysia (BB1M) book voucher assistance compose of:
- Malaysian citizen;
- SPM graduate or its equivalent and is enrolled in higher education study at matriculation centres / Form 6 / Polytechnic / higher education institutes for diploma, advanced diploma, bachelor, masters and Ph.D;
- Is enrolled as an active student at matriculation centres / Form 6 / Polytechnic / higher education institutes as of January 2012;
- Students that are enrolled as full-time or part-time student;
- Students who are studying under the cooperation program and register under the subsidiary institutions;;
- Studying at institutions under the supervision of Ministry of Higher Education or recognized by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency;
- Students enrolled at Teacher Education Institutions (IPG) under the Bachelor of Teaching (PISMP) program are not eligible for these vouchers because they have already been granted a book allowance of RM600; and
- Students who are pursuing the field of Postgraduate Teaching Course (KPLI) are not eligible for this assistance because the KPLI trainer is considered pre-service training (that already includes allowances).
D. Validity Period
This is a one-off initiative starting 2012 only. This voucher is valid for 3 months only, which is from 1 January to 31 March 2012.
E. BB1M Terms
Each student is eligible to receive book vouchers with a total value of RM200 in the form of 4 pieces of RM50 vouchers.
F. Conditions of Voucher Use
- Vouchers will be printed by the Print Nasional Malaysia Berhad (PNMB) and distributed to all agencies / institutions;
- The vouchers can be redeemed for purchase of academic books academic books, journals, magazines, scientific and educational equipment based on the individual study requirements;
- Students can use this voucher at any participating bookstores. Students must fill in their name and IC number on the back of the BB1M vouchers. Students are required to show their IC when using this voucher;
- If the purchase amount is less than RM200, students are allowed to purchase educational equipment such as notebooks and stationery. Any remaining voucher balance will be considered expired and cannot be claimed;
- If the purchase amount exceeds RM200, students must must top up with their own money and may not make additional claims to the Government;
- Book vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash;
- Book vouchers have a validity period of 3 months only;
- Bookstores can claim reimbursement of vouchers directly from the National Savings Bank (BSN). Claims can only be made until 30 April 2012.
- All parties shall comply with the terms and financial procedures in the implementation of this book voucher initiative;
- Gift vouchers and related documents must be updated in an orderly manner for the purpose of monitoring and auditing;
- Should there be any queries regarding implementation of this initiative, one can contact their respective institutes in charge.