SME : Amanah Ikhtiar Malaysia (AIM) – Financing Conditions
A: Allowable income line is household income of RM2, 300 per month and per capita income is RM460 per month.
Q: What assets are allowed?
A: Ownership of assets, including houses, cars and land shall not exceed RM50, 000. The calculation is by summing the value of owned assets.
Q: What are my responsibilities as a Sahabat AIM?
A: Your duty(ies) as a Sahabat AIM is as follows:
- Attend the weekly Center Meeting
- Repay the funds in a timely manner
- Make compulsory savings according to the prescribed rate
- Help/assist other participants, when they are facing difficulties
Q: What is AIM’s easy financing guidelines?
A: AIM’s easy financing guidelines are as follows:
- No need to provide collateral and guarantors
- Not subject to legal action to claim the debt
- Protected charitable debt, debt balances are allowed if the deceased
Q: Does AIM impose management charges on borrowers?
A: AIM charges an annual management charge of 10% on each borrower. The management charge is used to cover administrative costs.
Q: What are the guidelines for the establishment of an AIM centre?
A: The guidelines for the establishment of an AIM centre is as follows:
- A combination between 2 – 8 group
- May be held at any place of public facilities such as community hall, prayer hall, etc
- Compulsory to hold a meeting once a week
- Place to process the financing, refunds and other related matters
Q: Must a Sahabat AIM give money to the Tabung Kumpulan?
A: The Tabung Kumpulan was established to develop the attitude of savings among Sahabat AIM. All Sahabat are required to keep on a weekly basis between RM1 – RM15. Other sources of this fund is to contribute 1% of a Sahabat’s funding. This group’s fund may be used by Sahabat at the times of difficulty and emergency.
Q: How do we contact AIM?
A: Amanah Ikhtiar Malaysia can be contacted as per below:
- Ibu Pejabat
- Menara Amanah Ikhtiar
- No. 3 Jalan Cempaka SD12/1A
- Bandar Sri Damansara, PJU 9
- 52200 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: 03 6274 8810
- Fax: 03 6264 8809