Bajet 2014

1436 Views

PM: Subsidy bill almost as much as development budget

PM: Subsidy bill almost as much as development budget

Heavy spending on subsidies was limiting Putrajaya’s ability to develop the country, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said today regarding a recent series of unpopular cost-cutting measures. Saying that the country must be more efficient in managing its resources, Najib said that “too much” was being currently being set aside for price support schemes. “Imagine this, we are spending a... Read more  >

1976 Views

Malaysian economy to see 5.5% growth in 2014: economist

Malaysian economy to see 5.5% growth in 2014: economist

Malaysia’s economy is expected to see 5.5% growth in 2014, said Dr Shane Oliver, Head of Investment Strategy & Chief Economist, AMP Capital. He said next year, Malaysia’s growth rate was expected to pick up to around 5.5% after 4.5% in 2013. “This should be helped by the monetary easing of the last year or so along with slight pick-up in global growth (from 3% in 2013 to around ... Read more  >

1396 Views

DBKL’s 2014 Budget Is RM2.79 Billion – Ahmad Phesal

DBKL’s 2014 Budget Is RM2.79 Billion – Ahmad Phesal

Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKl) has been allocated a budget of RM2.79 billion next year, an increase of 20.6 percent compared to RM2.31 billion this year. Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Phesal Talib, when announcing the budget, said the budget this time focused on efforts to ensure sustainable economic growth and boosting the prosperity of its 1.7 million residents. “Of the total budget, ... Read more  >

1806 Views

Selangor Budget 2014: A fine, precarious balance

Selangor Budget 2014: A fine, precarious balance

Ulu Klang state assemblyman Saari Sungib pointed to a landslide in a hill side neighbourhood near Kemensah, to drive home his point that planning the state budget for Selangor was challenging. Saari explained that it was thought that floods normally occurred in valleys or when water flowed downhill. “But near Kemensah, bungalows on the hill were flooded with mud because when it rained, the drain... Read more  >

1920 Views

RM4.28b proposed for development under Sarawak budget 2014

RM4.28b proposed for development under Sarawak budget 2014

The Sarawak government plans to allocate about RM4.28 billion next year to continue with the development programmes in the state. Chief Minister Tan Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud, who is also state Finance Minister, said the figure would be about 72 per cent of the total budget proposed for the year with the remaining RM1.68 billion or 28 per cent for operating expenditure. “This level of expenditure is... Read more  >

3962 Views

Summarized Info of Budget 2014

Summarized Info of Budget 2014

Read more  >

4408 Views

Bajet 2014 Infograph

Bajet 2014 Infograph

Read more  >

3072 Views

Govt spent RM2.2 bil to reduce cost in education

Govt spent RM2.2 bil to reduce cost in education

The government spent RM2.2 billion from a special allocation of RM2.7 billion, as of last month, on student welfare, in particular those from low-income families. The special allocation was provided to primary and secondary school students, which included per capita grant, hostel meal assistance programme, Food Supplement Programme, purchase of textbooks and assistance for payment of additional sc... Read more  >

3092 Views

BR1M RM650 for household with below RM3,000 income

BR1M RM650 for household with below RM3,000 income

The 1Malaysia People’s Aid (BR1M) to households with monthly income of RM3,000 and below will be increased from RM500 to RM650, while for single individuals aged 21 and above and with a monthly income not exceeding RM2,000, the amount will be increased from RM250 to RM300. Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, when tabling the 2014 Budget in the Dewan Rakyat today, said in addition to that,... Read more  >

2689 Views

Budget 2014: Mixed reactions from the public

Budget 2014: Mixed reactions from the public

Read more  >

Page 1 of 3123